Paul thanks again for your suggestion here.  I finally got some time and a Mac to try this but I ran into problems.  I get a "no identity found" error from AppWrapper with no support as to how to find 'my identity'.  I did find some information on Stack Overflow at:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16036571/codesign-gives-always-no-identity-found-error-via-terminal

but it's pretty cryptic and ultimately impossible to follow.  In my opinion this whole thing seems like one big extortion scheme on the part of Apple Computers.  To the best of my knowledge Microsoft does not impose anything like this on Windows developers.  Exasperating matters, Apple routinely changes things up thus making it difficult for an organization such as Livecode to provide an accurate procedure.  Nonetheless, if we can no longer save a standalone for MacOS we taken a major step backward, have we not?

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Thanks!

Ray Horsley