OIC you wanted to INCLUDE a slash in the filename, not enter a path! Ick. Yeah
good choice to exclude them. Anytime you allow a user to enter a filename
and/or a path you have to check for valid characters.

Many years ago I had a gal who used a character that was legal on a Mac, but
not on a Windows NTFS volume. She would save her files from a Mac to a Windows
file share, and Windows would happily comply, but then she couldn't open her
files! (No one at Microsoft actually thought to  check for incoming file names
from a foreign file system!) There are (or were) utilities that do nothing more
than find illegal file names on NTFS volumes and fix them.

Bob S