I created a plain do-nothing stack and it works on my Samsung. Then I set the inclusions to same ones in my working project. The plain stack then had the same misbehavior -- black screen and crash on launch.

One by one I turned off each inclusion, tested, and then turned it back on and disabled the next one. It looks like the culprit is mergJSON. With that included I get the crash, without it the apk behaves.

I'll submit my test stack and a bug report.