This works for me, assuming you want to leave field 1 where it is and align
field 2:

on alignFieldBaselines pField1, pField2
  local tDescent1, tDescent2, tBot1, tBot2, tDiff1, tDiff2, tRef
  local fFormattedBottom1, fFormattedBottom2

  put item 4 of the formattedRect of line 1 of fld pField1 into
fFormattedBottom1
  put item 4 of the formattedRect of line 1 of fld pField2 into
fFormattedBottom2

  put item 4 of measureText(line 1 of fld pField1, fld pField1 ,"bounds") into
tDescent1
  put item 4 measureText(line 1 of fld pField2, fld pField2 ,"bounds") into
tDescent2

  put the bottom of fld pField1 into tBot1
  put the bottom of fld pField2 into tBot2

  put tBot1 - fFormattedBottom1 + tDescent1 into tDiff1
  put tBot2 - fFormattedBottom2 + tDescent2 into tDiff2

  put the bottom of fld pField1 -(tDiff1 - tDiff2) into tRef

  set the bottom of fld pField2 to tRef
end alignFieldBaselines
---
Marty