On 06/30/2018 10:03 AM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode wrote:

On Jun 30, 2018, at 8:00 AM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Indeed. I'm not too upset about the loss of the bitshift operators other than
the lack of backward compatibility, but I'm surprised by their demise. In terms
of minimal use of microprocessor cycles I'd expect that the fastest would be

Yabut - I don’t know if LCScript understands integer numerics. Aren’t numbers
always handled as floating point?

The operator formerly known as bitShiftLeft would have to use integers, at least down at the bytecode level. I think numbers are always strings unless they're not.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com