Obsolete is a strong word. There are different levels. I had a friend who
firmly held that Obsolete meant when something newer could replace a device.
But it can be argued, and I take this position, that a computer device is
obsolete when it no longer is capable of running current software. But a third
level of Obsolecense can be concieved as when a device can no longer perform
it's function for which it was obtained.

Bob S