Thank Bob for the tips...

Actually this is  for a YouTube index, and all the "rows" would behave the same
way.

The only thing changing on each row would be

1. https://i.ytimg/#########/hddefault.jbg (the thumbnail)
2. Metadata for our date base (SQlite on the mobile app) Title, description.
Etc. appear in a field.
3. Click on a row and drives the user to a Browser by setting the YouTube as
the HTML source.

I am starting here:

https://livecode.com/docs/9-0-0/components/livecode-data-grid/

of a course a test stack..

What do you all think of  "A Slug on the Road"  Data Grid Helper?

Brahmanathaswami

On 8/2/18, 4:59 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Bob Sneidar via use-livecode"
<use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com on behalf of
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    I can give you a "not to do". DO NOT send selectionChanged to a datagrid in
the middle of processing a selectionChanged message already. This will crash LC
to desktop.

    I have not used form style datagrids, which is what you are talking about
methinks, but the idea is fairly simple. Instead of every row behaving exactly
the same way, form datagrids allow each row to behave independently, as though
they were individual "forms" stacked in a column. You change the look of the
rows in the row behavior script, and alter the overall look of the rows by
modifying the rowTemplate.

    In the datagrid properties window data grid tab, change the style of the
datagrid to "Form" and the options for editing these become available. The Row
template is just a group so you can modify it like any other group. If you edit
the script, you can see that there are already handlers defined, like
fillInData, layoutControl etc. And since V9 other messages that can be used are
in the left pane of the script editor to give you some idea on what you can do.

    I would say open a new stack, drag a datagrid to it, change the type to
Form and dig in. You cannot damage your existing project that way.

    Bob S