Hi All,

So I have data (text) stored in a mySQL DB that is set for UTF8 and it stores
unicode and emoji characters just fine.

My problem is that when I pull a field from the record set and put it into a LC
field, I don’t get the unicode or emoji, just the the usual strange characters.

I know that LC fields support emoji and other unicode characters. I can cut and
paste them in and they display fine.

My steps in getting the data from the DB to a LC field are:

Load the data into an array element like:
put revDatabaseColumnNamed(sRecSet,"tw_full_text") into
gCurrentRec["tw_full_text"]

Then:

put gCurrentRec["tw_full_text"] into fld "tw_full_text"

I’m probably missing some encoding or decoding step along the way… can some one
point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Steve MacLean