I was happy to see the new functions for working with Android permissions. The release notes say:

"Apps built with LC 9.0.1 do support this new permissions model, and request permissions automatically when the app actually requires the services or data protected by the services."

It sounds like the permissions dialog will happen without any scripting. Does this mean the associated commands aren't usually necessary? When would I need to use AndroidRequestPermission()? Also, should I check a permission before every usage to be sure it's enabled? Or do I get an error message?