On 1/9/2018 2:25 pm, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
On 2018-09-01 13:15, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
I've already shovelled Ruyton of the Eleven Towns quite effectively:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7r7u0c2m9ny3eb/Text%20analyzer%20X.livecode.zip?dl=0

No tokenising, in fact very basic stuff indeed.

Not wishing to bang on about over-complcating things . . . . .

Your revised approach is fine - as long as the names of all the towns are distinct in terms of no one town's name is contained within another.

Blast!

Of course "my next trick" is to work out how to delete multi-word names (i.e. phrases) from a textField.

Richmond.

Add 'Palm Beach West' and 'Palm Beach' to your placeNames list; then modify your source text to end 'or Palm Beach West' - and you algorithm does not perform the requested operation.

It reports Palm Beach West *and* Palm Beach as being present - whereas, only 'Palm Beach West' is present :D

Warmest Regards,

Mark.