"To be fair" (one of my least favourite phrases), Adobe did not go to all the trouble of inventing the PDF thing for it to be portable; they invented it as a way to make money. The fact that, at a later date, Adobe made the PDF more accessible is super: but, a bit like Willy Wonka, one must read the small print.

Richmond.