OK - was easier than I thought. I have something that works fast enough by
iterating through runs of words in each sentence in a block of text,
incrementing counts into an array and then sorting the contents of that array
by phrase length and frequency.

Terry...

On 25/10/2018 4:56 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd via use-livecode"
<use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com on behalf of
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Hi – I’m looking to analyse some large block of text (journal abstracts
from key educational technology journals over a several year period) to find
common words and phrases. Finding common words should be easy enough but I’m
not clear on what approach to take for finding common phrases (iterating
through the text capturing overlapping word runs of various lengths?). Any
ideas on how best to proceed?

    TIA,

    Terry...