On desktop: No problem
Installed in iOS, iPhone 7 with 12.1.2: no problem
Only Android do you get the message:

Remote: stack "ws.goulding.script-library.mergjson": execution error at line
n/a (External handler execution error: could not decode JSON: unexpected token
near end of file) near "could not decode JSON: unexpected token near end of
file"

The JSON files are all validating at "JSONvalidate.com"  ....

They are encoded a UTF-8 with unix line endings (the same file have been in use
for months)

I suspect something new in 9.0.2 . will have to check with an olders verions of
livecode later today.

Brahmanathaswami

 Monte Goulding wrote:

    I’d start by making sure the json you are decoding is what you think it is
by logging it or putting it into a text field.