I don't know if this is a good idea or not but it might be worth considering.

Instead of relocating the mouse, simply hide it until it is moved. That way the user doesn't really seem to start from the same location even though they actually are. Each question would present the user with no predetermined location for the mouse as the first time they see it it would be moving.

I'm not really thrilled with either this or the idea of relocating the mouse which I've seen in some of Microsoft's dialogs (which drive me nuts). However, in your situation something like this may make sense.

Bill Vlahos