On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 09:01  AM, Rick Harrison wrote:

on 12/30/2002 8:51 AM, Robert Presender at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,
Using OS 10.2.3

Is there a way to make the Data folder(and all its components)
invisible and only have the app as a result of making a standalone for
Mac and Windows?  Using the procedure of Tip 1 of RR site.

Is there a reason that the Data folder(and components therein) be
visible?

Thanks for any insight.

Regards .. Bob
Bob,

I'm not sure as to whether or not it matters if the Data folder is
invisible or not.
Does the above imply that clicking on the data folder doesn't open the components folder and ability to click on the substacks therein? In my standalones, I can get down to the substacks in the data folder and enter data but no further action takes place.
Am I creating standalones incorrectly?

There is an option that you can use when creating a standalone which
is to check the box for no substacks which eliminates the data folder.
You'll only want to do this if you don't have any substacks of course.
I need the substacks to save data the user enters in the appl.

To make a file invisible for Mac OS X just put a period in front
of the name.
Thanks for the tip.

You might like to use a utility like "GhostHunter" to be able to find
your file again. Or just boot under Mac OS 9.2.2 and look for the file
name with the period.

In windows there is a way to do it too, but at this moment I don't remember
quite how to do it. If you search the archives you'll probably come across
it. It is a fairly common question.
Have been searching the archives, but no luck so far. Will keep looking.

Rick, thanks for your input.

Regards ... Bob