David,

Congratulations on switching over to Rev. What does your program do and who is the audience?

Are you downloading the Mac modules from a Mac or Windows computer? While you can develop applications in Revolution on any platform you need a Mac to actually build Mac executables. If you develop on any other platform all you need to do to build a Mac executable is to download the Revolution environment to a Mac and copy over your .rev application and build it. If you are doing your development on the Mac then you can build for all of the platforms from it. If your goal is to build cross platform apps then the Mac is the universal platform.

The floppy disk is dead. Macs haven't had them for 5 years and a lot of PCs are starting to not have them either. In addition, a floppy would not be big enough to hold Revolution applications. I would move on to CDs or direct downloads from a web page.

Perhaps you could indulge your "hobby" and buy a new Mac which can burn CDs. :-) Even a lot of PCs can burn CDs too but you won't be able to put a Mac executable on it from a CD.

Bill Vlahos