Bonjour Éric,

Hello,

Does somebody know if there is a "quick" way to extract a column from a tab limited list (in a field or a variable)? By "quick" I mean I'm not obliged to cycle through all the lines of my var because it can be quite long.

I've tried to use array but the transpose function doesn't work if the number of columns is not the same as the number of lines.
Or can I do something else with an array to achieve that goal?

use the new "split" command!
put "your data here" into myvar
put 2 into my_column
## The number of column you want to extract
split myvar by column
## turns your data into an array!
put myvar[my_column] into my_column_data

Done :-)

Thanks, best,

ÉrIC

Regards