However, I want to avoid reconstructing the entire stack in this manner,
because I noticed that the ID's of the controls change when the cards are
pasted into a new stack. I do have ID references within the stack, and I don't
want to create unforeseen problems in a large stack that I very carefully
checked as I built it.

perhaps one should use unique names for the objects, and get the ids from the names.

get the long  id of grp "Bond007" of stack "M"

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ted

--

stephen barncard