Hi Geoff,

Whoops! Yes bad form, I usually (truly!) use this non-event hogging form (Old HC habits die hard you know...); I guess I was being a lazy typist as I was really looking for an answer on how to drag an object from within a group and have it crop at the boundaries without using the 'grab' form.

Geoff, any clues how I might get an object to stay within the rect of its contained group? I tested the form below (my original code was similar to this) but it doesn't work,

Cheers,

M@
Matt Denton