Hi Peter,

just tested this on my Linux (ubuntu 6.06 xfce, kernel 2.6.15-29-386) and it looks like it is working. E.g. I open Rev beta dp-4 and it loads in the 2nd desktop, then I opened Rev dictionary and send it to 3 desktop, created new stack and sent it to the 4th workspace. Then searched the dictionary, went to 2 workspace to check if IDE is still there, then went to the 4th and closed the stack. It works so far without collapsing to a single workspace. Maybe there are some desktop settings to explore, although I used all defaults...

All the best
Viktoras

Peter Alcibiades wrote:
Andre, you say "well, it works on my EEE PC with multiple workspaces, I can carry rev to workspace 1 to 4 with no problem..."

Yes, of course. So can I. But that is not what is meant by "working with no problem". Can you put the different windows on different workspaces, in the way Sarah describes, and work on them? Can you, for instance, put the script editor and the application browser on one desktop, the dictionary on a different desktop, and your app you are designing on a third, and have them all stay where you put them and work in the different windows as you choose, by flipping from one desktop to another? I cannot. They all move instantly back to the same desktop the moment I use anything.

I'll have to do some research on locking. Maybe there are hacks. But at the moment, it does not work like I expect it to - like OO works for instance, where the dictionary equivalent can be moved to a different desktop and just stay there while you work on your spreadsheet.

Which, thankfully, I do less and less these days...

Peter