Mark, thanks. That may be nearly true, in this case - it seems to work ok when I do no shell redirection. So, no feedback for the user....

Best,

Mark

On 31 Mar 2008, at 00:18, Mark Schonewille wrote:

Mark,

Some time ago, I had a similar problem on WinXP. I didn't look into it any further, but if I remember correctly, I wanted to use chkdsk while hiding the consoles. I reported it as a bug and got as a reply that chkdsk is an interactive command and therefore shows a console even if the hideconsolewindows is set to true.

I am not sure that I can agree with that reply, but perhaps Lame is also an interactive command, e.g. a built-in feature that allows the user to cancel the process? I'm _only_guessing_ here, but it is a possibility.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store software. Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 31-mrt-2008, om 0:56 heeft Mark Smith het volgende geschreven:
Mark, it's Windows XP under VMWare Fusion on Mac OS X, a standalone built with 2.9 rc-4, and the command is "LAME" - the mp3 encoder.

 and then

set the hideconsolewindows to true
get shell(tLameStr)

It's working, but the console pops up immediately, and then closes again when the command completes.

Thanks,

Mark