My students are animating three characters on a card by hiding and showing .png images against a background. Each character has a dozen moves or so, and each move has between 5 and ten frames. Each figure is approximately 400 x 600 pixels in size. My question is which would be faster, having the frames be separate image objects and using hide/show; or having just three image objects that draw their contents from images on another card with a repeat loop and something like...

Put image "p1punch" & frameNo of Card 2 into image "Player1Main"?

Speed is important because we are starting to reach the limit of the computers' ability to display the images.

        Thanks in advance,

                Mark Greenberg