On 6 May 2008, at 23:50, RevList wrote:
I have a routine that is looping through and opening a series of text
files using a Repeat Loop.

I know I can do a Command . to stop this, but what if I wanted to let the
end user stop the process?  How would I code this?

Stewart

Another way, if you want ot have a 'stop' button, for instance, is to have a script local variable that you set from a button :

in the stack or card script that runs the loop:

local sStopLoop = false

on someFunction
   repeat until jobDone
     if sStopLoop then exit repeat
     doStuff...
wait 0 millisecs with messages -- need this to allow rev to respond to button clicks
   end repeat
   cleanUpStuff...
end someFunction

on stopLoop