Tom,

Here's something from the 2.9 User's Guide re this topic:

ODBC on Mac OS X systems
OS X version 10.2 and later includes iODBC software as part of the standard system installation. To configure ODBC on OS X systems, use the ODBC Administrator
application in the Utilities folder.

I haven't used this feature, but looks like it might provide the answer you seek. Whether it applied to Rev. 2.1 or not, I have no idea.

Joe Wilkins