Hi Sarah,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi from Paris,

You guys have always spoofed me with what you can do with
Transcript. Some of your coding makes me look silly.
I obviously don't "grab" Transcript like you do !
So I have a little test for you. I want to :
1 -add
2 -remove
a ".jpg" suffix from a file name that I'm holding in a variable.
Have you got a couple of one-liners to do that ?

1. add .jpg if it isn't already there
if char -4 to -1 of tFilename <> ".jpg" then put ".jpg" after tFileName
2. remove .jpg if it's there
  replace ".jpg" with empty in tFileName
Or to remove any file extension (sorry, a two-liner)

No problem, just add a semicolon, et voila: a one-liner :-)

set the itemDel to "."; delete last item of tFileName

I'm sure other people will come up with many alternatives - that's the
fabulous thing about Revolution.

Cheers,
Sarah

Best