Hi All, I'm setting up an SQLite database and having some problems with table design. The app is inventory control with a "Make" function i.e. it stores the quantities of each raw material you have and when you "make" a specified amount of a certain product, those amounts are automatically deducted from the raw material stocks.
I have a very simple table for the raw materials, but the products table is not so obvious (at least not to me), mainly because each product will have a different number of items used in it's manufacture. Do I have to set up a large table allowing for the maximum possible number of items? e.g. product name product id item 1 quantity 1 item 2 quantity 2 . . . item 50 quantity 50 or is there any better way to hold a variable number of repeating fields? TIA, Sarah _______________________________________________ use-revolution mailing list [email protected] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
