Scott,

Actually at first I thought this was a bug, but it makes a bit of sense. The rect and I guess grouping the objects will force a visible or visual snapshot of where the object physically resides including objects beneath that show through the alpha mask but using the actual object must allow the engine to reference the object itself programatically so it is not 'seeing' the alpha or better yet it is not seeing through the alpha to the objects underneath.

As Richard said " "export snapshot" which allows you to specify the object rather than merely its rect:" "This will cause the object specified to be rendered into an offscreen buffer directly, then that buffer is compressed into the specified format for writing to disk."

It must be the ability to render offscreen in the buffer that is the difference here. This must be the case with the import snapshot as well.

Tom

Tom McGrath IIIs
Lazy River Software
3mcgr...@comcast.net

iTunes Library Suite - libITS
Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html