Craig,

On 26 Feb 2009, at 16:54, dunb...@aol.com wrote:
I have another stack "B" with an "opencard" handler in the stack script , containing one line: "doThis". A handler "doThis" right below it has nothing in
it. On openstack, Stack "B" is put in use.

My first question was why you have an openCard handler in a "stack-in- use". It would seem to invite management problems, as it will trap *any* opencard message. (Apart from the fact that the Rev IDE consists of rev stacks, what would you expect to happen if you had two projects open at once?)

I cannot work at all if i can't trap messages between stacks.

When I've built projects with multiple stacks, I've tended to create all the stacks as substacks of a single mainstack. The mainstack may have no user interface at all (hidden), but it can be used as a place to trap events for all the substacks in the project. So you can place an openCard handler there and be sure it will only trap openCard messages originating from the stacks in the project.

I don't know the nature of your project, so this idea may not be practical. But I'd suggest trying to avoid placing handlers for navigation events (openCard, etc.) in a stack-in-use.

Cheers
Dave