Stephen Cox wrote:

Next question; checking the existence of a variable? Now I know I can turn
on Strict Compilation (and I have) but I¹d rather have the assurance of
checking to see if a variable exist? Is this a non-issue in Revolution?

It is a non-issue. Rev does not require you to declare variables; they are created automatically just by using them. I have never seen that fail.

However, since you have turned on explicit variables, you do have to declare them -- but this relates more to how the the compiler works than how the engine works. I personally do not use explicit variables, I never declare them specifically, and I have never had any problem.

I should note that explicit variables is a hot topic, with proponents on both sides, and has been the subject of more than one thread here. ;)