Yeah, I discovered that one already. Many different ways of getting the printers that are in the system preferences printing panel. But apparently no way of telling which one is actually connected and "live." It's hard to believe that the system is unaware of this piece of info until a print job is actually sent to the driver. I keep thinking there must be a way, via a shell function at the very least. But maybe not.... Any other ideas before I give up on this?

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig