On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 11:42 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 08:41 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

Dan Shafer wrote:

I agree with the analysis that it would be easier to create reports
directly in Transcript than to try to mangle an external that would do
so. However, if someone came up with a stack/app in Rev that handled
most or all reporting functionality sufficiently generically and
extensibly, I think it would be a world-beater of an app. I'd buy one
for sure!

Here's the deciding question: How _much_ would you pay?

For the right tool? upwards of $100 depending on feature set, data source diversity, ease of use.
I don't personally need this kind of tool for anything I'm currently working on but if I did, I'd say $100 for use either for myself or a limited non-commercial distribution (like for an in-company application). $1,000 for unlimited commercial distribution license in an application and something in between for smaller distribution apps like shareware.

Bill Vlahos