Jacque wrote:

> This sounds like a perfect job for the replacetext command...
> ...there's a way to do that but I'm not sure how.
>
> At any rate, once you get the right regex figured out, it's a one-liner
> to do what you want.

Glen, while Jacque works on a regex and after getting some sleep, ;-) here
is the correct way to do what you want in a "readable" Rev loop (replace
*FieldName* with the name of your actual field and put this code into a
button):

on mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    put replaceChar("[", the text of fld "FieldName") into fld "FieldName"
end mouseUp

function replaceChar pCharToReplace, pString
    local tOffset
    ----
    repeat
        put offset(pCharToReplace,pString) into tOffset
        if tOffset = 0 then exit repeat
        if char (tOffset - 1) of pString is an integer then
            put "_" into char tOffset of pString
        else
            put empty into char tOffset of pString
        end if