Hi folks,

I'm trying to teach myself how to GET and POST submissions to URLs that provide simple web services, like word lookups and the like. I understand the basic concept pretty well and can successfully "harvest" data from various web forms. But I notice that often POST method forms use JavaScript calls to validate data in the forms before submitting it to the server. It might look like this: <form method="POST" action="someurl.htm?loadpage" name="formname" onSubmit="return Validate(this);"> In this case the Validate function is defined in the header and basically returns true if the submit came from the form "formname" AND all of the fields are filled in. It returns false if either of these conditions is not met.

My question: Is it possible to construct a post command and/or header combination that simulates this onSubmit event returning true? This is basically an academic exercise to help me understand how JS and forms work, and how Rev's GET and POST functionality works; I'm not planning to distribute stacks that do this in any way.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University