Thank you much Bob for this nice calendar.
Also, thanks to the others who added comments, results of trials and elaborated.
I was not waiting for such a "rush" on this topic ;-))

However, my problem is not solved with this kind of layout. Mostly I need that the user be able to highlight periods of the year. For example periods when a holidays' house has been rented (or is plan to be rented).

With the present layout that can't be done. One can't drag (in order to highlight) from jan. 2 to jan 9 for example, or from jan. 30 to feb 6 etc

That why I am looking for an annual calendar with 12 rows/lines, one for each month ( or might be 12 columns).

Best regards from Grenoble (by the way, I joined the runrev folks google map ;-)

André