On 08/03/2010 19:44, Gregory Lypny wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm creating an app that imports comma-delimited tables.  A few lines might
look like this, where there are 14 items per line.

"Mon, Jan 18 , 2010",9:14
AM,130557,4319,Trade,Buy,X,135,8.25,10,-82.5,1417.5,20,10
"Mon, Jan 18 , 2010",9:14 AM,130558,4371,Accept,Your
ASK,X,135,8.25,10,82.5,1582.5,0,10

My problem is that Rev treats each date in quotes as three items rather than
one.  I convert the comma delimiters to tab by setting the itemDelimiter to
comma and then running the lines through nested repeat-for-each loops as

repeat for each line thisLine in dataTable
repeat for each item thisItem in thisLine
put thisItem&  tab after newLine
end repeat
-- more stuff here
end repeat

I end up with

"Mon       (as the first item)
Jan 18  (as the second)
2010"      (as the third)

Any suggestions as how I might get the date treated as one item?

Yes, although it is so goofily obvious you have probably thought about this one and rejected it:

Change the commas for the bits inside the quotes to something else ( ^ * %) - dunno, any old
thing that isn't a comma . . . :)