While working with Dan Friedman to diagnose some FTP issues, he came up with some questions I couldn't answer so I'm bringing them to y'all to see what we can find:

1. Is "put url..." a blocking command?
   I believe it's supposed to be, but find I can sometime do other
   things while it's running, including submitting subsequent
   "put url..." commands.

2. In such a circumstance, the second attempt to "put url..."
   meets with an error, "Previous request not completed."  I've
   found that once that error hits the original request sometimes
   runs into trouble, requiring me to use libUrlResetAll and
   try again.  Is there a more graceful way to handle that error?

3. libUrlResetAll comes with a warning not to use it. :)  But I've
   found it the simplest, most reliable way to cancel all socket
   activity and start fresh.  If that's your goal, to reset all
   socket stuff and start fresh, is there some downside to using
   libUrlResetAll that I've overlooked?

TIA -

--
 Richard Gaskin