On Mar 18, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> If someone closes one of the menu palletes and I didn't have it set to kill
> the program on the close of one of these, the user would not be able to
> reopen that menu pallete.
>
> Is this a bug in rev or just a feature of win7 (Is there a difference, lol)?

In my opinion, this is a UI bug in your app (not a Rev or Win7 issue). Win7
just brought this issue to light.

A palette window usually indicates an optional window that can be open or
closed. For example, the tools or inspector palette in the Rev IDE. You can
close them, but can always get them back easily.

Of course, the above assumes you aren't using a palette window for something
else, like a download progress window that is meant to prevent the user from
doing anything while the download is in progress. If that's the case, I would
use the on cloneStack handler in the palette window to perform an implicit
cancel or similar operation (assuming it isn't done yet).