Mark Wieder wrote:

Richard-

Whether the email is part of the culprit's work or just another victim
like all of us who shouldn't have rec'd that unsolicited email remains
to be seen.

Here's my best-case scenario: the rev team was attempting to reinstate
private messaging on the forum boards, and in the process someone
tried to post a topic. Since things were in flux, due to a database
glitch the attempted topic post got instead emailed out to everyone
registered on the board. The database glitch also is preventing any
further user logins, and will probably have to be recreated from
backups.

That seems plausible enough, but far less entertaining than my hypothesis of corporate espionage from some nefarious organization who feels threatened by RevMobile.

As logical as your scenario is, I'm sticking with mine. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World