Today a breakthrough!

I had what I thought was a vanilla version of Snow Leopard on a second
partition on my MBP. Installation stripped of all optionals (printers, fonts,
etc.). A few Apple updates to 10.6.2, a couple of 3rd party apps, and standard
changes to system prefs.

When I loaded rev I had the same scrolling problems as before!

Erased and loaded 10.6.0 from my MBP install disks, again stripping all
optionals. Made no changes at all, and loaded rev. SINGLE CLICK IN CHANNEL
WORKS! "Jump to here" still doesn't, but I think we are agreed that would need
scripting.

Hopefully I only have to explore the add-ons of the previous "vanilla" (if I
can remember them all) to isolate the cause of the