On 09/05/2010 20:25, Neal Campbell wrote:
I suspect that just as Jerry chose Rodeo for his new service, name picking
is done by the people coming up with the design and choose what they like. I
know in the 90's when I was in charge of a global technology call center, I
went to Apple for a "best practice" visit and they had named their meeting
rooms after sushi. You could cynically say "How pretentious" but the
employees smiled every time they mentioned a room so they enjoyed it.

Just look at the Intel chip names, obviously someone loves those "location"
names that none of us find amusing or even memorable!

I think I prefer "location" to "lactation"; maybe it's a side affect of
Steve Jobs' veganism.  Of course it could be something linked
with, say, the thyroid gland; but that doesn't make me feel very
comfy either.