I feel like I'm about to reinvent the wheel here... and I believe I even posted this query once before but am having trouble finding the emails where some good souls responded previously

Can anyone who has created any search-many-docs scripts post their library or scripts for returning search results? or point to a stack online that has contains scripts that will serve?

We want to the user to enter a term... Rev will dig a number of html files. Not many, so, we will just read them from disk.

The search "engine" will step through the documents and return a list of hits. We retrieve the entire line using lineoffset and move on to the next instance in the same doc. Then proceed to the next file. For display we want to show the user about 100 chars before and after the term found and then post this to a search results field, where she can see the results, hover over the small excerpt will pop up the whole line-paragraph, and a click will open the document (set the html text of a field to the doc) and take her to that place in the document.

I have parts of the above here and there in various stacks, especially the last part I have some code that steps through a field and sets the highlight color of the search term and the user can quickly scan and see his term in color... and I think I can put it together, but... I'm guessing many of you already have various flavors of this scenario already built and much better coded than I could do. so, if anyone has any snippets for any part of the above scenario I can put them together with what I have.

Thanks!

Sivakatirswami