Hi Ruslan.

2 things weigh against your assessment. First, one of the databases is remote and it happens to be the one I am querying 1 record at a time. The second thing is that to my knowledge you cannot create joins between 2 tables in different databases. The source database is a local file based SQLite database to further complicate matters.

I want to employ a method that could work with databases of 1000 records or 1,000,000 records. To do that means I cannot risk memory overflow in runrev by huge query results. For this particular application I would never hit that limit, but what if I want to take the functionality of my data import module and make it available by itself?it needs to work in all situations or not at all. That's how I think.

My goal here is to import/merge data from a Spiceworks database of devices, software and other things. But in the future it could be anything. I am learning the limitations of querying remote SQL servers. For this application I think a local SQL server would be much better, but for the dev phase where I am out and about with my laptop on-rev will suffice.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Calvary Chapel CM
Sent from iPhone