On May 23, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
> I'm building some sort of html editor. The htmltext function is very usefull
> to output styled formated fields as HTML but my next need is to be able to
> store the text styled formated field (before its conversion to HTMLText) for
> future possible modification of the source text without having to rebuild all
> its styled attributes (font, height, color, etc...) each time i reload it to
> the field out of a text or database backup ?

I know that you do a lot of server work, so I'll base my answer on that.

I have a CGI Rev app and I store web page html and other bits of text/html as
user properties. When my CGI app receives data, I splice what I want into these
templates and place new bits into the web page for display.

For example, one is a signup info page, that sends names-email add-telephone
etc and then that data gets added into a protected web page.

HTH

sims