No, it's not completely blocking. The problem is that the very first call to checkit is BEFORE the move starts, so the movingcontrols is empty, so the send doesn't happen. Should work (i.e. it does in my simple stack :-) if you change it to (the equivalent of)

on mouseUp
   move button "B" to 300,300 in 9 seconds without waiting
   checkit
end mouseUp

Note that you need the "without waiting" in order that the first checkit gets done immediately, rather than after the move.

-- Alex.