On 09/04/2010 08:01 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
Richmond-

Saturday, September 4, 2010, 9:37:22 AM, you wrote:

Sounds a good idea, but, I want the situation
that there is NO char selected, just the insertion point
lying between 2 chars.
Right. So if you check the selectedChunk in a selectionChanged handler
you can tell the difference.

If it's just an insertion point you'll get something like
char 26 to 25 of field 1
and if it's a text selection (more than one char) you'll get
char 24 to 25 of field 1

Note that the first char selector is *greater* than the second if it's
just an insertion point.

on selectionChanged
   if word 2 of the selectedChunk>  word 4 of the selectedChunk then
     put "this is ok."
   else
     put "I'm going to ignore the text chunk."
   end if
end selectionChanged

Lovely, Thanks for the help.