I think this is the right immediate solution. Jacque is always right. And I have done this down deep in an I/O routine, but when I can, I try to embrace the event driven nature of LiveCode and avoid such loops.

What happens at each button click and keystroke should be fast and neat in the event-driven style. These events (and others) can start a message engine (send recursive script) if need be. Nothing takes a long time. At each event, the state of the application might change.

(Now, given that, I think LiveCode is being cleaned up so that slave applications can run, and maybe we can use an alternative form of parallelism for some big crunching needs.)

Dar Scott