Scott Rossi wrote:

Recently, Monte Goulding wrote:

I currently have text formatting controls in a palette

There's got to be an easier way.

Are you sure you are using a palette? This should work without you doing
anything?

Um, yes, I'm pretty sure that "palette stack xyz" sets the stack's style to
palette...  :-)

But you got me thinking, I am trying to maintain the user's selection after
the text has been styled, and it seems that even the LiveCode IDE doesn't do
this (selection is lost after style is changed).  So maybe the previously
selected text needs to be reselected after being styled.

This seems to work, but I could have sworn there was some window switching
situation where the text selection would be lost.  Anyway, I'll continue
with this option -- thanks for the push Monte.

You should be able to retain the text selection if the traversalOn of the buttons in the toolbar is set to false. When that property is true, the button gets focus when it's clicked, causing the selection to be lost.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World