On 18/10/2010 08:54, Lynn Fredricks wrote:
Franklin Audio is based on OpenAL as Ruslan said. Its primary purpose is to
provide multi-channel, spacial playback without requiring QuickTime. Looping
is possible using the API - you can loop each discreet sound being played
back. My understanding it that it works with .wav files. There are C++
extensions that add other capabilities and format support.

Is it available for Linux? I did a project deployed on about 75 custom-made solid-state computers, and the only reason we had to use Windows (which added about $120 to the price for each unit) was the poor support for sound playback under Linux. So in that case a library that allowed us to use Linux would have had a signficant value...

Ben