I just released a new version of the Demo of my upcoming Devawriter Pro and got this back
from the people at MacUpdate:

"You recently submitted an update request in which you referred to the latest version of DevaWriter Pro as simply "RC2", but according to the version strings in the info.plist file, it is 4.0.0.950. Is this a release candidate for Version 4.0? Please let me know so that I can clarify this version number discrepancy."

Umm . . .

1. Am I missing something? Having set the version number as 'R2' in the standalone builder; why does
    the info.plist contain the version number of the development IDE?

2. Is there a simple way to circumvent this? Short of cracking open the Mac .app package and editing
    the info.plist with a text editor?