While you can do this with software, I would suggest you buy an access router that can do modem dial up. I both the Apple AirPort base station and a Lucent base station can do this but are pretty expensive for what you want and it doesn't sound like you need either wireless connections or cable modem/DSL ethernet. I'd have to check; but I think the original "Graphite" AirPort base station would work and you might be able to find them pretty cheap. All you would need in addition is an inexpensive network hub or switch.

If you had a cable modem or DSL connection then the above would be a no-brainer.

Someone else already mentioned IPNetRouter which is terrific.

Bill Vlahos